The beach is a favorite destination of pekes and parents alike! It is a natural playground with tons of possibilities to have fun! Here are some ideas to have a great family beach day:
1. Go in the early morning or late afternoon when the sun is not very strong and there are not many people.
2. Bring sun protection, either sunscreen, rashguards and hats, or an umbrella.
*Personal Tip: we let our kids recieve the sun for a couple of hours before putting on sunscreen. We like them to take advantage of the vitamin D the sun provides! Everyone is different, be mindful of your child´s tolerance.
3. Bring toys! And they don’t necessarily have to be the classic shovel and bucket. When we don’t have beach toys, we look for shells that we use as shovels, and we bring plastic cups and containers from home to use as toys and they are a big hit!
4. Pack easy-to-eat snacks such as chopped fruit, sandwiches, and lots of water (for the kids and parents!)
5. Keeping the kids cool is important. One super hack that worked very well for us was the one in the photo. Pack the baby bathtub and fill it with sea water and some sand so that they can play and refresh themselves and the parents are comfortable too without having to go fighting the waves of the sea.
*BONUS: Baby powder is great for removing sand from the body! Just put some in your hand and spread it on the skin that has sand in it and that’s it!
What other idea would you add to the list?